Sunday, April 8, 2012

Marshmallow Chocolate Cups

Today I am posting my Baked Sunday morning tasty treat. The assignment this week was to make Marshmallow Chocolate Cups from the cookbook: Baked Explorations by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito. I strongly encourage you to purchase the cookbook, but you may also find the recipe on Baked Sunday Mornings.
My marshmallow chocolate eggs
The directions recommended to use really good chocolate , so I chose E. Guittard. The directions called for a mixture of semisweet and milk chocolate. 

I was nervous that my marshmallow would not turn out right because my kitchen aid whisk barely touched the ingredients when it was on med high power.  My mom thought it might work if  the mixer is at full power, and she was right :) Phew crisis diverted and wallah, I had marshmallow filling. 

Since it is Easter weekend, I made mine into chocolate eggs. This was quite a fiasco. I  had a hard time getting the chocolate egg shells to remove from the mold.  It took a few tries to figure out how to cover them with chocolate. What worked the best was spooning a little chocolate on them and flipping them over on parchment paper to dry.



8 comments:

  1. The recipe was perfect to make into easter eggs. I did the same. It was fun and even more fun to eat. You did a great job with the marshmallow filling. Your eggs look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your eggs! Looks like your marshmallow filling is the perfect consistency!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your marshmallow filling looks gooey and delicious! i love that you were able to get a whole bunch of it in the chocolate eggs! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your chocolate eggs...perfect for an Easter basket. I love gooey marshmallow and especially with chocolate. Your eggs look really fun and better than tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, love that you made eggs. And brave - molded chocolate isn't easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were braver than I was....I didn't try this one. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a beautiful job on these! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete