Monday, April 30, 2012

April Foodie Penpal

April Foodie Penpal


My April foodie penpal was Veronica Gantley, the author of My Catholic Kitchen Blog.  Veronica sent four amazing homemade treats!!!  I received bread and butter pickles, peach preserves, vanilla bean pod sugar, and chocolate chip cookies.

After I ate a few of the chocolate chip cookies, and also saw the smiles they brought to co-workers, I headed over to her blog to find the recipe. Veronica has titled the chocolate chip cookies "Rachel Cookies" because one of her daughter's friends loves them so much.  I highly recommend this cookie recipe, so head over to  My Catholic Kitchen for the Rachel Cookie recipe



I just want to say how appreciative I am for Lindsay, The Lean Green Bean, for organizing the monthly foodie penpal exchange!!! If you would like to join in the monthly foodie penpal, you may sign up on The Lean Green Bean blog site.

4 comments:

  1. Great Job Katie! I am really liking this foodie pen pals. Will you be doing it again next month? I will. I am so glad you liked my goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am participating in May's foodie penpal. I participated in something similar during xmas which we sent cookies to each other. I have just as much fin sending packages as I do receiving them.

      Delete
  2. cannot wait til peaches are in season here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I am so excited for our farmers markets to open soon, as i look forward to fresh veggies and home baked sweets. Thank you so much for organizing the foodie penpal :)

      Delete