Sunday, August 26, 2012

Heartland Turtle Bars

My summer break just ended, so back to the classroom I went. I almost forgot to make the  Baked Sunday morning tasty treat. The recipe this week was to make Heartland Turtle Bars from the cookbook: Baked Explorations by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito. I strongly encourage you to purchase the cookbook, but you may also find the recipe on Baked Sunday Mornings

This is my favorite recipes yet!!!!! I choose to leave the nuts out because I am not a fan of nuts in my sweets. The bars are best served chilled for a richer taste. I brought some of the bars to work to share with my fellow teacher friends on Friday because figured they all deserved a little chocolate after finishing up our second full week with students. Four of the teachers requested the recipe.  I told them that this was the only recipe I will hand out, and if they want another recipe from Baking Explorations, they will need to buy the book. 




Baked Sunday Mornings

3 comments:

  1. Weren't these just delicious?!? Have you bought "Baked Element" yet? The giveaway is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bars look great and these were a big hit at my office too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bars look delicious! And you're doing them a favor by telling them to buy the book!

    ReplyDelete