Sunday, September 16, 2012

Brooksters




This week Baked Sunday Mornings was celebrating the release of  a third cookbook by Matt Lews and Renalto Poliafito, Baked Elements. The recipe chosen to celebrate this cookbook was the " Brooksters" which is chocolate chip cookie part chocolate brownie.

 I was glad that I read the recipe a few days before planning to make it because it not only took time to make both batters but also 3 additional hours to chill in the fridge.  I followed the directions and made the 6 four inch tart pans. At first I was worried that the dough would overflow the pan, and then said that it only would make 6 Brooksters. Much to my amazement, the dough stayed in the pan and a quarter of one was more than enough to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth.  I was also nervous how to tell if they were done but figured if the cookie looked brown enough that meant they were done. I brought one to lunch, and found I liked it slightly chilled better than room temperature.   

The Brooksters recipe can be found here but I highly recommend  purchasing Baked Elements by Matt Lews and Renato Poliafito. If you would like to join Baked Sunday Mornings, click on the button below :) 


Baked Sunday Mornings

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Katie - these look perfect! I made the muffin-size ones. I'm so excited about this new book. I loved the brownie part of these, so look forward to trying their brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie....these turned out beautifully! I made them in tart pans, too and had all the same concerns that you did. They sure did take a bit of time, but pretty tasty all in all! Great photos! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brooksters look great! I wish I had tried them chilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delish! I bet they were good cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect, and gorgeous! I didn't try mine chilled, but when I make a bar version of these I keep a stash in the freezer... those are also good a little cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like yours are baked PERFECTLY in the middle! After two attempts, mine were still a little gooey-er than I would like. Perhaps next time I'll try tart pans too. Were yours nonstick like a muffin pan, or shiny metal like a traditional tart pan?

    ReplyDelete