Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe adapted from Mrs. Fields Secrets
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter at room temperature or melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons milk (cream or half-and-half works, too)
2 cups flour, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups oats
1 1/3 cup diced dried apple slices (not crunchy apple chips)
1 1/3 cup Kraft caramel bits
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Stand mixer: mix sugar and brown sugar together
- add melted butter, milk, and vanilla to sugar mixture. cream until smooth.
- add to the sugar butter mixture: flour, salt, and baking soda. mix until combined.
- add the oats. mix until combined.
- add the apples and caramel bits. mix until combined.
- using a ice cream scooper, scoop dough onto sheet with space in between to allow for cookies spreading. I slightly pressed mine done. Bake until edges are golden brown. The centers may appear not done. small cookies bake about 5 minutes, large cookies about 11 minutes