Homemade Fresh Strawberry Pie
recipe adapted from Heart of Home
This strawberry pie is amazing! My fiance has deemed this his favorite pie now.
1 baked 9 inch pastry shell ( I used the a frozen one and baked it according to the directions)
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of water
3 tablespoons of cornstarch
1/4 cup strawberry gelatin (about 1/2 a small box of jello)
4 cups fresh strawberries cut into small pieces and placed in a bowl
whipped cream for topping
1. In a saucepan, bring the sugar, water and cornstarch to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture has thickened.
2. Stir in the strawberry gelatin until dissolved.
3. Remove from heat, pour into a heat prof bowl, wrap with plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
4. Spoon a small amount of mixture on pie crust.
5. Add some of the mixture to the bowl of strawberries, stir until all strawberries are coated.
6. Pour the strawberries into the pie dish, and spoon remaining gelatin mixture over the berries.
7. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
I actually doubled the recipe to make 2 pies. One was just strawberries and the other was strawberries and blueberries.
Also shared on