Red, White & Blue Dessert
Angel Food Cake---
one box of Angel food cake mix & the ingredients it needs
blue gel food coloring
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of water
3 tablespoons of cornstarch
1/4 cup strawberry gelatin (about 1/2 a small box of jello)
4 cups fresh strawberries cut into small pieces and placed in a bowl
Store bought or homemade
Angel food cake:
follow directions on cake mix box. Remember to add blue gel food coloring during first step to guarantee a uniform blue color.
1. In a saucepan, bring the sugar, water and cornstarch to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture has thickened.
2. Stir in the strawberry gelatin until dissolved.
3. Remove from heat, pour into a heat prof bowl, wrap with plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
4. Add the strawberries, stir until all strawberries are coated.
5. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
Place a slice of angel food cake on plate
Spoon strawberry topping on the lower half of cake
Lastly, pipe whipped topping just above strawberry topping leaving room to see blue angel food cake
Also shared on